Sometimes we need to fire our development project end-point(localhost) from outside. Especially when you need to fire a webhook from a third-party system. Most of the case the third party system are not able to communicate with localhost.
- Download the ngrok exe from here.
- Unzip the folder and open the command prompt from that folder.
- Run the command
ngrok http [port] -host-header="localhost:[port]". replace “[port]” with your project running port. example
ngrok http 53083 -host-header="localhost:53083".
- You will see a new prompt like below
- Then you can use the forwading url http://84f8bb0ea8ab.ngrok.io or https://84f8bb0ea8ab.ngrok.io that you see on the screen.
- You can also see an UI at browser going to http://127.0.0.1:4000 (Web Interface). UI will be someting like below. Which record all the request information.